Everyone likes to upload their memorable file in the best cloud storage, as it stays safe. But if you are storing files on your hard drive, any time it crashes you will be losing all those favorite moments of your life. So OneDrive is a product from Microsoft and is one of the best cloud storage after the Google Drive. In the OneDrive you can upload your file easily and share the download link on your websites, blog or among your mates. Some may think that why to use a product of Microsoft as the popular Google Drive is available for free. But we must tell you that OneDrive is giving more storage for free then the Google Drive and also many more features.
The only issue that most of the OneDrive user are facing is the download link. If you want to share direct download link from the OneDrive cloud storage then you will see that you are unable to do. But as day by day technology is developing and now there are not things that are impossible. You can now easily generate direct download link from OneDrive and the steps are simple. As in this content, you are going to know all about the features of the OneDrive cloud storage and the steps for how to generate direct download link from Onedrive.
Features of the OneDrive Cloud Storage:
Before knowing the steps for how to generate direct download link from OneDrive, you should know the features of the OneDrive cloud storage. As if you do not know the features you will not be able to know how does this cloud drive works or what you can do with this cloud drive. So here below we have briefly described the amazing features of the OneDrive which you must know.
- With its user-friendly app, you can get the better experience in your phone itself and the app is available for every OS. Let it be iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Syncing all the files or folders from the OneDrive is really easy. Not only all, you can also sync the selective items only. The sync will take place in just some few simple click.
- You can share any documents from the OneDrive cloud storage. Now you can also set an expiry date in the link that you have shared to get some security. As the link will be working until some period.
- It has al kinds of security in it which will keep your file safe in their database.
- In OneDrive you can easily check out how much free storage you are having. After you have stored some few files on the cloud storage.
- Now in the new update of the OneDrive, you will get all the features like IT Admin, OneDrive Blog and even OneDrive for business.
So these are all the features of the OneDrive cloud storage and this is the strong point for which this is one of the best cloud drives nowadays after the Google Drive. As you are all done with the features of the OneDrive, now it is time to look at the steps that you need to follow to generate direct download link from OneDrive.
Steps for How to Generate Direct Download Link From OneDrive:
So here below are the steps that you need to follow to generate direct download link from OneDrive. The below-given steps are easy enough and you will not need to have any professional for doing this.
1. First of all, you will need to open your OneDrive account or if you are not logged in then you can get it logged in easily.
2. After you are inside your OneDrive account, now it is the time to upload your file that you want to share on your blog, website or with your friends.
3. As soon as the uploading of the file is successfully completed. Simply refresh the page to reload the upload files in the cloud. Now right click on the uploaded file in OneDrive and then select the “embed” option.
4. After you select the “Embed” option you will be getting a link. Simply copy the link and then paste it in the notepad, as you will need to edit the embed link to get the direct download link.
5. You will get a link like:
<iframe src=”https://onedrive.live.com/embed? cid=AB8D57A3580025E4&resid=AB8D57A3580025E4%21107&authkey=AMjGvn4X1tDV7vU”width=”98″height=”120″frameborder=”0″scrolling=”no”></iframe>
6. Now you shall copy the link which is inside the <iframe src like that given below:
7. In the final step you will just need to change the “embed” into “download” like in the example I have given below:
So this is it, your direct download link is ready. Now you can share the link to your friends or at your website to make visitors download your file. So the steps are very simple, just you will need to edit the embed link which you will get just like in the example.
Here everything we have given with which you can easily know how to generate direct download link from OneDrive. Not only the steps, you have also know about the features of the OneDrive cloud storage. You must make sure that you edit the link as same as we have given in the example link. We are sure that after following these steps you will be able to create direct download link easily. But if you are having any more queries in modifying the embed link then you can frankly comment below.